Get to know our school
Meet our Administrative Team
- Konawaena Elementary is a K-5 school in central Kona on the Big Island of Hawaiʻi. Established in 1899 on the site that is now the Kealakekua Library, KES moved in 1922 to the 12 acre campus that now houses the Middle and High Schools.
- We moved into our current campus in 2000.
- Principal - Ms. Claire Yoshida
- Enrollment - approx. 570 in grades Pre-School through 5th.
- Our cafeteria serves almost 1,200 meals a day including lunch and breakfast for Konawaena Elementary, Hoʻokena and Honaunau Schools.